PlusNet Spam

Graham. 09:06 17 May 07

For PlusNet customers who may not be aware, an extract from an Email sent to all customers:

"I am extremely sorry that a malicious third party has managed to gain a list of email addresses from one of our Webmail servers. On behalf of PlusNet I would like to sincerely apologise to you for this security breach and the increase in offensive spam emails that may now be affecting your email address".

PlusNet have suspended Webmail service.

Picklefactory 13:04 17 May 07

I'm with Plusnet, and did wonder why I was suddenly getting all this crap, I never had a system email from Plusnet though.
Cheers Graham

esbe 14:52 17 May 07

Yep, I've been getting some really offensive spam in the last few days as well.

click here

cheers.

Graham. 20:53 19 May 07

"As of next Thursday, email identified as [-SPAM-] will no longer be
delivered to your Inbox. Instead it will be delivered to a dedicated spam
folder that will be available for you to check online".

Now that sounds like an excellent idea. If it is a success, maybe other ISP's will implement a similar scheme.

newearwax 11:35 12 Jul 07

Oh if only it did what it says on the tin.

Picklefactory 13:01 12 Jul 07

I'm finding they are catching about 90% of my spam, which probably sounds pretty good to most people, but for me it's still annoying as prior to their error, I used to receive no spam at all.
I am, rather childishly I admit, happily watching how big my spam folder is growing on Plusnet's server. I wonder if anyone else is doing the same?

ste76 15:36 12 Jul 07

If you go on their website and sign in, go to email settings > manage my mail > spam. and there's a new option to delete all emails marked as spam immediately.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…