Plus.net plus

seedie 15:05 06 Nov 05

been looking at their site for a while and they say this package is not suitable for large downloads. Anyone know what the data is capped at?

Thanks

CD

Graham ® 15:47 06 Nov 05

Where does it say that? I can see
'No need to keep track of how much you download'.

The thing is, if you abuse the uncapped service by downloading 24/7, you may have restrictions placed on you. I think the days of truly uncapped deals may be over.

A happy PlusNet customer.

seedie 17:02 06 Nov 05

click here

Click on data transfer

BTW which package have you

Graham ® 18:02 06 Nov 05

I'm on Pay As You Go. 1GB, plenty of Webspace. Haven't had to go over the cap yet!

seedie 18:51 06 Nov 05

I've just had a good look on their site and I can't find any provision for asking them about this.

CD:(((

Graham ® 19:22 06 Nov 05

Ring them on 0845 1400200.

Taff™ 23:38 06 Nov 05

PlusNet operate what cold be termed a "fair use policy" or what has been described as a "throttle back service". They give priority to those who are generally surfing the net and using e-mail at peak times. If you are considering or in fact do use their service for large downloads on a regular basis they will move you to a server with other like minded people and you fight with each other for the bandwidth. There have been several postings on their discussion forums about this.

PlusNet do cover this in their Terms & Conditions. I know several people who have PlusNet and indeed recommend it to anyone who wants to do the former. Their service is very good and the cheapest around. I`m afraid you do get what you pay for and PlusNet will sell you a suitable package if you want the latter. As will loads of other ISP`s - they`re usually termed business packages.

Taff™ 23:45 06 Nov 05

By the way - Click on the Product Usage tab on the above link from Graham and you`ll see what I mean. If you really want to see it in Black and White check ouit their T & C`s.

seedie 08:07 07 Nov 05

Thanks for talking. I've more or less decided to take up the BBpay as you go and ordered a netgear wireless router and modem + 2 wireless NIC cards. As the Governor said. "I'll be back" - probably with less hair

CD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…