plusnet email problems

Costa30 17:59 20 Nov 06

I have two domains in addition to a default plusnet domain and today attempted to blackhole them.
I know I made mistakes but the result is no email and no easy way to see how mailboxes for the additional domains are set up.
I then try trawling thru all the help pages, some help but not enough.
So I try phoning the help line no use just left for ages no hint on likely wait time
Are all ISPs as bad? Or is there a good ISP out there with decent telephone support on the odd occasion you need it.

Taff™ 08:06 21 Nov 06

PlusNet are better than most however they do get very busy in the afternoons and early evening like all the other ISP`s.

By "Domain" do you mean mailboxes? What do you mean by "blackhole"?

Graham. 08:26 21 Nov 06

PlusNet call stats click here

Costa30 12:47 21 Nov 06

By blackhole PlusNet block all email not addressed to a set up mailbox, so avoiding spam that is normally a delivery failure at a made up box on your domain. My problem is that I have the default plusnet domain and two additional personal domains. It is not at all clear how to set up mailboxes on the personal domains, which are the ones I actually use.

Taff™ 15:25 23 Nov 06

The Plusnet help is very good. Log in and go to help & support. There are several different help pages regarding setting up mailboxes and registering or transferring domains to PlusNet.

I`m not exactly sure which is your problem and I don`t recommend posting details of your "domains" or e-mail addresses here but if you want to drop me a personal message via the yellow envelope I`ll try to assist.

Costa30 15:44 23 Nov 06

Thanks Taf. Eventually I got sorted out after waiting on the helpline for nearly an hour for a reply. They agreed that the help pages could be clearer where users have there own domain. It was my error in the end.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…