plusnet, is anyone with them?

FatboySlim71 09:32 07 Sep 07

I am thinking of changing my ISP from AOL to plusnet; I was wondering if anyone is with plusnet and if so what are your experience's/opinions of them.

Simsy 10:32 07 Sep 07

for a little over 2 years.

No significant problems.
Tech support is via email, not over the phone, but response, when needed, has been quick and, generally, good.

I had some duff info regarding a use of a router shortly after I joined, and a webspace problem that they couldn't reproduce, (and mysteriously disappeared). My only other dealings have been recently, regarding speed. They dealt with that well, getting BT involved, and all is now well.

I certainly wouldn't put any off using them, but as I have no experience of any other BBand isps, I can't say they are better than any others.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

FatboySlim71 10:41 07 Sep 07

Thannks for the reply Simsy its much appreciated.

Taff™ 10:45 07 Sep 07

I know several people on PlusNet and they provide a reliable service and good tech support even by telephone Simsy! click here

Rigga 11:59 07 Sep 07

Been with plus net for a long time, I find them excellent.

They have a superb fair usage policy which keeps the speeds good at all times of the day.

I get over 7.5meg on their up to 8meg account.

Support is also very good and the few times i have had to contact them they answer quickly, and seem to have support people that don't just follow scripts.

HTH. R.

P.S. When you sign up you can put a referrer ID in and it will save a current plus net member money. My ID is RCCLTD if you feel like being generous.

eedcam 13:37 07 Sep 07

been with plusnet for a couple of years there tech support can vary but generally ok. They do have employesees who post on some forums and they are very good at picking up your moans and speeding things up .recently even had a surprise phonecall from them trying to solve my query due to that.

Meshuga 14:01 07 Sep 07

I`ve been with metronet for years, which is now part of plusnet. No complaints since plusnet took over. No complaints before they took over either.

FatboySlim71 20:46 07 Sep 07

Thanks very much all for the help, I really do appreciate it. Also, I have been looking around on the net and I hear a lot of good things about Zen, has anyone got any opinions of them? click here

koko 22:44 07 Sep 07

been with plusnet 8 months now since the hell that was talktalk, no probs with plusnet at all.
steve

Graham. 22:52 07 Sep 07

They had a problem a short while ago when someone hacked into their email database and caused such a spam problem for users. Shouldn't affect new users, but a friend had to change ISP because of it.

eedcam 22:54 07 Sep 07

One thing to think about though is they are now part of BT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…