Is plusnet any good

Nessie 23:19 02 Sep 04

I am with nildram and can go up to 1gbs connection on 6th September. Nildram charge £24 but plusnet charge £15 for exactly the same service. Are they any good as it seems a bit cheap though I would be happy to go to them if they are OK. Seem alright on adsl guide but that is just download speed not support, outages etc. Any thoughts from you plunet customers out there. Thanks nessie

Hi - I've been using the Plus.Net 512k broadband service for nearly a year. I can only comment on my own experience but the service has been excellent. Online customer support reponded to quickly and helpfully (not used telephone support) - no loss of connection which has been consistently quick for the speed I am signed up to and a good number of resources via the members section of the website, such as a decent amount of webspace included (250MB)and other extras such as FrontPage extensions etc. I would personally recommend Plus.Net and will be staying with them once my year contract has elapsed (soon). Hope this helps and good luck.

Snakey 23:37 02 Sep 04

I too have been using Pus.net for some time and highly recommend them. The 1mb package gives you the speed but you will be limited on Downloads for that price. If you Download Music etc you may have to upgrade your package. On-line support is excellent and so too is 24/7 telephone support once you get through!!

Nosmas 00:06 03 Sep 04

I have also been with PlusNet of over a year and, like the previous two posts, have found them to be excellent. Telephone support has always been very quick and helpful. No hesitation in recommending them.

They have recently restructured their pricing and I have just ordered a 'regrade' of my present connection speed from 512k with unlimited (Premier) bandwidth at £21.99 p.m. to 1.0Mb capped at 1GB bandwidth per month for which my subscription will be REDUCED to £14.99 p.m. I feel I do not need a large bandwidth at the moment, but if I exceed the 1GB they will just bill me for the excess. If I find I regularly need more than 1GB I can then upgrade again at £1.75 p.m. for each extra 1GB. Have a look at their site click here and see the various 'mixes' of speed and bandwidth that are available. They have also introduced a facility to monitor the bandwidth usage, and they will advise you when you are approaching the included limit you have chosen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…