Gary 18:59 10 May 03

Does anyone have any experience of using PlusNet's £21.99/month broadband package? It seems like quite a good deal to me, but then I've not heard much about them...

crx1600 19:33 10 May 03

click here

click here

click here

its always best to try a search first,then you may find the info you want without even posting.

rickf 19:36 10 May 03

Great ISP!

doug vem 21:57 10 May 03

I've just been activated under their spring offer £18.99/month. Slight probs with cable configurations at present, dodgy microfilters. Shall I post here as to progress?

Gary 22:00 10 May 03 everyone who has posted on this. PlusNet seems like quite a good deal.

DougVem - I'd be really interested to see the progress of your problem. Please do post to this thread with updates.

I went for Force 9 £21.99 / month. Part of Plus Net. Same deal. Cannot fault them. Took 7 days from ordering to online including weekend in the middle. I would recommend buying the hardware elsewhere as its cheaper. Try click here or click here and get a router if possible. I have only had to call their support twice and got the problems resolved straight away. (one of them was my fault!!) All in all top marks. Only thing to remember is filters MUST be put on EVERY socket in the house otherwise it will cause connection to drop out as I found out when I forgot about a phone in one of the bedrooms.

jimv7 00:16 11 May 03

F9 part of plusnet @ £18.99 per month, brilliant, been with them from november, absolutly no complaints.
click here

MichelleC 09:57 11 May 03

I spoke to Plusnet tech help on Sat. Didn't have to wait long on phone but not especially helpful and talked at 600 mph. May change to Datanet.

doug vem 21:47 11 May 03

First I purchased a new microfilter from Maplins ref A72AG. This the worked OK when I had moved the PC next to the master wall socket, could surf and talk at the same time. However, when I moved the PC back to it's normal home then I had problems again. Finished up making up a data cable 17 metres of it and crimped on the appropriate plugs again from Maplins. One end into the ADSL socket of the microfilter at the master wall socket and the other end directly into the PC. Problems solved. Must admit the new microfilter looks a bit meatier than the 2 supplisd by Plus. In addition the extension lead I had been using obviously wasn't up to handling the high speed signal. I must admit the helpdesk at Plus said that they had been experiencing more problems with people trying to activate their line due to cabling fault than any other problems. Shame there wasn't a help guide included in with the modem package. Hope this is of some help. Certainly, in the few hours since I've been fully up and working it's a breath of fresh air compared with the narrow band connection.

PS As of this morning Maplins have stopped making up cables for people due to staffing problems. This has been applied to their whole group. Great shame as the Sunday service has been a Godsend to me over the years.

Cathode 21:55 11 May 03

I have a close friend who has used F9/Plusnet for some years and has had broadband with them for almost two, he highly recommends them (and gets discount for doing so too).

cjc42 22:02 11 May 03

I've been with Plusnet for 18 months, initially on dial up and for three months on ADSL and had a couple of minor problems only.
ADSL was enabled in seven days, I use a Netgear DG814 Router and network cards, installed and up and running in mnutes, over 500kbs most of the time and rock solid connection.
One major problem when BT had a major outage that affected most ISP's otherwise all ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…