Plugin error .pdf file downloads

wogga 11:32 24 Feb 03

Every time I try and download .pdf files off the internet I get the following error message 'plugin error, plugin did not initialise'. I have Acrobat Reader 5.0 installed on my PC so what's the problem?

spikeychris 11:39 24 Feb 03

Is the box ticked in "RUN ACTIVE X CONTROLS AND PLUGINS"

Click on the Security tab in Internet options and click on the custom level button.

Chris

Pesala 11:40 24 Feb 03

this should allow you to download files at least until you get the plugin fixed.

MAJ 11:43 24 Feb 03

It seems to be a common problem with differing solutions some of which work some of which don't. spikeychris' solution is one of the solutions, another is to reinstall or upgrade the reader from Adobe's site.

spikeychris 11:51 24 Feb 03

MAJ is right with this, there are lots of reasons why it fails, just tried one of the registry hacks and all it does is refresh the app.

Chris

wogga 11:57 24 Feb 03

Spikeychris, box IS ticked, will try MAJ's solution. Thanx!

wogga 15:08 25 Feb 03

I have reinstalled Adobe Acrobat 5.1 from website and now all is well! Many thanks to you all!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…