Plug USB deck in, start Audacity, set preferences

Sapins 15:57 06 Aug 09

and press the record button? As Tommy Cooper said "just like that" but it isn't.

I have XP Home with SP3, the Graphics card is an N Vidia GeForce 6200(No DB) I am trying to record some LP's to the hard drive to burn them to Cd's. I have a USB turntable NEONUMERIC NVUSB-1 and I have installed Audacity version 1.2.6. I cannot set the preferences to USB Audio Codec as it is not showing as the recording device. I have disconnected all USB devices and it still does not work. When I plug in the USB turntable I get the usual d-dong but nothing is showing in MY Computer or the Audacity recording devices. all Audacity shows is MME:REACTEK AC 97 AUDIO AND MME:MICROSOFT SOUND MAPPER-OUTPUT.

I have followed to the letter the instructions from Audacity and I cannot hear any sound, it looks to me like it is recording but I can't find any recorded music!

Any help to solve this will be greatly appreciated.

Sapins 18:00 06 Aug 09

Anybody?

shellship 18:04 06 Aug 09

It took me a long time to work it out, too, and I am desperately trying to remember what I did. You go to Edit/Preferences and there you set the in and out bits. I did mine by trial and error. Sorry not to be more helpful.

Sapins 18:36 06 Aug 09

Hello, it's always helpful to receive a reply, thanks.

I have been to preferences and set the all the ones advised by Audacity as per click here still no luck.

Sapins 18:44 06 Aug 09

I have just gone through the first paragraph of my link, I restarted Audacity and lo and behold off it went recording. Audacity recognised the turntable in preferences. Now I can put all my LP's on to Cd's and I have 2 friends who want to borrow the turntable to do their records.

shellship 11:26 07 Aug 09

Great. Well done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…