Plug in through three pin socket to caravan

bluenickel 15:36 PM 30 Dec 12

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if a plug in should work through a three pin electric set up to a caravan (from house mains). It worked fine when I was on a standard 'hardwire' electric to my out house office but now i have converted the electric to a big thick three pin which I understand is used on caravans but it's not working!! Thanks very much

wiz-king 16:02 PM 30 Dec 12

My crystal ball thinks you are talking about a homeplug type internet connection. If so it may be because the cores in most flexible cable are twisted whereas house wiring has parallel cores, this may affect the capacitance and inductance of the cable - just a guess though.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:11 PM 30 Dec 12

They don't seem to work if you plug into an extension lead - what you appear to have done is effectively made the caravan wiring an extension by having it pluged through a socket

I assume there is some type of electrical safety device (RCD) on the feed to the caravan?

lotvic 18:35 PM 30 Dec 12

When I use my homeplug on an extension lead I have found it only works if I put it in the extension socket nearest to the cable lead that plugs into mains wall socket.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…