Plug and Play Problems with XP - Please Help !!!!!

leeant007 13:03 04 May 04

I have got problems with my PC. It is running XP home edition. When i insert a plug and play device into my PC it tells me that the drivers cannot be found ?? Although the devices (scanner, usb flash drive etc) claim that they do not require a driver to work.Previously i used them without requiring a driver, they just worked automatically!!

I have rectified this problem before by restoring the the computer to factory setting via the disk. But i would prefer not to do that again.
Plz help if you can

Old Shep 13:07 04 May 04

Have you tried update driver in Control Panel/Device Manager

leeant007 15:39 04 May 04

Yes i have tried that but it simply cannot find the driver.
That is the point though, it shouldnt require a driver. I have used this device before and the first time i ever used it i simply plugged it in and it worked fine???!!

But now when i try it, it starts looking for drivers which it didnt need before.

Anyway the device (USB Flash memory) states that no drivers are required for anything after win 98.

Any more suggestions??

Thanks for your support

Old Shep 17:39 04 May 04

Bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…