Plug & Play

Noonie 21:44 14 Aug 06

I have bought a Sony MP3 player and have uploaded SonicStage. The firmware is correct but when I place the device in the USB, the hardware wizard asks me to insert a disc to download the driver.

As this previously occured with a Webcam I bought, is my computer too old (Athlon 1700), have I missed some updates or are my USB's not working correctly.

Any help would be grateful.

Thanks

woodchip 21:52 14 Aug 06

I have the same problem with a Samsung Laser printer. But that is on Parallel port. It's how the drivers are written. Try having the Driver disc in the comp and brows to the driver folder on the disc when it asks for the drivers. Sometimes it will see them.

rdave13 21:56 14 Aug 06

Have same probs with different cameras. On one camera it needs to be on for the plug and play utility to work. On the other one the camera needs to be off when connecting to the usb. Switching the camera on and the plug and play works. Get confused sometimes...lol.So try with the player off and connect then switch on or vice versa.

Stuartli 22:01 14 Aug 06

I have Plug 'n Play Disabled in XP Pro's Bios.

I rarely have a problem installing any devices.

The advice to disable P'nP, which surprised me at the time, was from my son, an IT support consultant for one of the country's biggest employers, when I installed a new motherboard.

woodchip 22:29 14 Aug 06

I have tried both ways on computers and I find what works one one will not on another, when turned off or on in BIOS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5