plug and play

picklesy 17:12 07 Jul 04

had to get new motherboard,in the bios to let the mobo operate the plug and play devices or let the operating sys.decide if it is a plug and play o/s.i have xp/home.the reason i ask is i am not getting sounds when iam on the net.ie internet radio and such.i get sound playing a cd.is xp a plug and play o/s.thanks in advance.i also don,t get normal windows sound.

picklesy 06:14 08 Jul 04

bump

picklesy 07:51 08 Jul 04

any help please.

picklesy 15:51 09 Jul 04

hello

SEASHANTY 16:34 09 Jul 04

To get Internet radio (or streaming radio stations) you have to use a player. If you try this on the BBC website to listen to the radio you have to use the BBC player or Real Player or some alternative. Do you have Real layer installed? If not download the free one from their website. Check in Google - its probably real.com

SEASHANTY 16:36 09 Jul 04

What happened to my spellchecker. That reference above should be Real Player NOT Real layer.

picklesy 16:50 09 Jul 04

thanks all.was useing aol media player no sound,downloaded real player(couldn,t get real layer)now the lots working.must have had something missing.thanks again for your time.

SEASHANTY 20:12 09 Jul 04

Nice to know something is working fine.....now if I could only say that regarding my typing. Watch out for Real tho'. It will nagg you now and again to
upgrade to the paid for version (you know - for all the extras - that you don't need!). Thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…