Pls explain diff. in connect thru router 24-54mbps

I am using a Pipex 2.2 mbps Broadband connection, on a PC & Laptop, using a Netgear DG834GT modem/router.The PC is connected via ethernet cable and shows a constant connection of 100mbps. The laptop is connected wirelessly.the signal strength shows as excellent but the speed this morning shows as 24 mbps where it has always shown as 54mbps previously. On the network forum I was told previously that this isn't the internet connection speed (which makes sense as it is only 2.2mbps anyway0 but I am confused as to what it is so would appreciate it if you could explain it to me- also is it psychological because the internet seems much slower on the laptop this morning! thanks!

PaulB2005 11:41 24 Oct 05

click here and the explanation was very clear.

PaulB2005 11:42 24 Oct 05

Basically it's the speed of the network between the PCs for transfering files for one PC to the other.

thank-you. I went on to the Broadband speed test site and proved to myself that it wa sindeed entirely psychological that the internet connection seemed slow!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…