PlexWriter 12/10/32A Can anyone help

Les 17:51 14 Oct 05

Hi People,
I recently applied a firmware upgrade (long overdue) to my drive. I downloaded the latest upgrade and followed the instructions. All seemed to be ok. Now however, if I use the drive and opt to leave a CD open it actually closes the CD. This seems to have happened only since the firmware upgrade. I did go straight to the latest firmware upgrade, bypassing several. Could this be the problem.. should I have installed each firmware upgrade sequentially? Can anyone suggest a way out of this? I have tried contacting Plextor but they don't reply to my e-mails. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Running 2000 windows professional and Roxio Easy CD/DVD 6.0.

Stuartli 18:16 14 Oct 05

You have to a) be absolutely sure that a firmware upgrade is necessary and b) ensure that you get the correct one for your particular model.

Going straight to the latest firmware shouldn't have made any difference, but I used to have the TDK rebadged version of this Plextor rewriter and I'm sure there were two different, but very similar, model names.

It's the same with my current TDK CyClone 24x10x40X rewriter (rebadged Samsung) - that model number X is critical....:-)

Les 18:28 14 Oct 05

Thanks Stu, I will double check my model number and the firmware upgrade etc. Do you know if I will be able to overwrite the currently installed upgrade if it is wrong.

Cheers and thanks,

Les

Stuartli 22:42 14 Oct 05

Try this website:

click here

If you have, by any chance, done the wrong firmware upgrade then usually it's a lost cause.

However, as you have little or nothing to lose, you could try getting the latest firmware and flashing it to the drive again.

A new CD rewriter is from £10-£15 these days and the latest dual layer DVD rewriters only about double.

Les 08:23 15 Oct 05

Thanks again Stu, you have been very helpful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…