Plextor PX230A - problems burning CD+G

Krooner 12:46 02 May 06

Can you help me? I recently purchased a Plextor PX230A CD burner with the intention of making back up copies of my daughters karaoke discs (not copy protected) . The Spec. of the drive says that it will read/write CD+G but I cannot get it to work correctly. I have tried the full version of CDRWIN and also Nero V.7. I have e-mailed Plextor who said that I should use a recommended CD-R such as Fuji or Matsui, and use Nero, set raw mode and sub-channels, I have done all this but it still will not work.
I could return it to Plextor but they say that if it works with their equipment they will return it and charge me postage and labour.
Has anyone else successfully made copies of karaoke discs with a PX230A? if so how do you do it ?, I would be grateful for any advice.

sicknote 13:34 02 May 06

This might be worth a read,

click here

click here

Krooner 13:58 02 May 06

Many thanks for the reply, it is as I thought there are recording problems with the PX230A that plextor won't admit to.
Sorry for asking a dumb question , but I am new to this, how do I go about getting the drive upgraded to one that is proven to write CD+G files? I brought the drive in good faith for this purpose from a Company on-line, but if Plextor will not admit that they are faulty , where do I stand ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…