plextor px-712A dvd writer/bundled software

daeburndave 20:24 02 Jul 04

i've just bought a plextor px-712A dvd writer. bought this one for two reasons, [1], because of the pc advisor review and [2], because of the bundled software and specifically pinnacle studio 9 which i believe is brilliant. guess what? everything loads fine except the studio 9 which keeps asking for a serial number which does not appear anywhere. not on the dvd writer box , not on any packaging and not on the enclosed cd sleeve which is where it is supposed to be. what awaste of money! anyone out there got any ideas or had the same problem. i don't feel like having to spend out more money to buy this software separately.

jakimo 22:26 02 Jul 04

have you tried registering pinnacle first,they may then send the unlocking code by email

daeburndave 23:35 02 Jul 04

thanks jakimo for your suggestion. guess what? to complete the registration at pinnacle, they want the serial number! if i had that i would'nt have the problem. back to square one.

THE TERMINATOR 01:12 03 Jul 04

go back to the shop where you bought the drive and ask where it is, or get a replacement....TT

THE TERMINATOR 01:13 03 Jul 04

just a thought....is it on the drive itself....TT

picklesy 05:07 03 Jul 04

i have pinnacle and the serial num. is on the disc.

daeburndave 13:04 03 Jul 04

thanks guys. picklesy, there is a serial number on the disc: it's two letters and three numbers only and as there are 4 boxes required for the serial number it wont recognise this serial number and wont let me install. i suppose i'll have to ring pinnacle next week. unless of course your serial number on the disc is also similar to mine.

jakimo 18:14 03 Jul 04

select the english pinnacle software forum,theres always someone with a solution

click here

daeburndave 21:59 03 Jul 04

jakimo. thks for that ive posted my prob with pinnacle we'll see what transpires.

david.h 22:27 03 Jul 04

where did you buy it so we can check before we buy from them re the serial no

daeburndave 19:17 04 Jul 04

david.h hi it was bought from a small local computer store in dorset. i will try and find out which supplier supplied them and post the info if i can.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…