Plesk

conrail 10:49 11 Jun 08

using xh home with ie7 and firefox, tried to view this web page, click here, but I get the following message:

Server Default page
If you see this page it means:
1. hosting for this domain is not configured
or
2. there's no such domain registered in Plesk
What you can do:
Using Plesk, you can create domains with web hosting on a single physical server.
Also you can use Plesk with Virtuozzo and create isolated domains. Using a number of virtual servers with Plesk on a single machine allows for flexible management of your server's resources.

can anyone advise me please on what plesk is, I have never come accross it before?

crosstrainer 10:51 11 Jun 08

Have a read of this:

click here

conrail 11:10 11 Jun 08

thanks crosstrainer, unless I am thick, mind I do have senior moments, a lot according to the wife, all that means is the site is not registered with plesk, my site is not registered with them but still available, so even if it is not registered with them I should still be able to view it?

crosstrainer 11:22 11 Jun 08

Yes :)

crosstrainer 11:24 11 Jun 08

Who host's your web site?

The link would suggest that it requires registration. If it's a corporate affair (you offer goods and services) you would expect to pay for the web site to be hosted.

If it's a personal site, then most ISP's allocate you space for such pages.

johnnyrocker 11:25 11 Jun 08

i cant view it here xp pro sp2 ie6

johnny

conrail 11:37 11 Jun 08

thanks crosstrainer, I get the gist of it now, fasthosts host my web site,
appreciate your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…