please,how can i stop (internet access control)

habs 07:27 20 Jan 04

Dear sir

Please i need your help.I have Norton personal firewall 2002.a popup from norton keep coming up again and again and again saying:
-internet access control
A remote system is attemting to access your computer.
Threat level: high level
I put a dot on: Block this system from accessing your computer.
I put tick: Always use this action for this application remote address.

Can somebody tell me please how to stop the popup coming up again.

Thank you for your help .
habib

xania 08:56 20 Jan 04

The action you are taking should work. The fact that it does not implies to my mind that the software has become corrupt - but this could be either Windows OR Norton.

I would mention that 2002 is getting a bit long in the tooth now - you will not get support from Symantec - and you might want to consider an upgrade instead.

However, if you want to stick with 2002, try reinstalling Norton over the top. If this fails, try uninstalling it, removing any residuals and then reinstalling. If you still have the same problems, do the same with Windows.

bananaslik 09:53 20 Jan 04

hi habs,your nortonis basicaly out of date now as xania suggests you could do with either updating it or use a free one.iv'e been using avast click here. it seems to b very good & iv'e had no probs with it as yet.

habs 21:45 20 Jan 04

I would like to thank Xania and bananaslik for all the help i received from you.I will do what Xania tell to do first let see if it does work.

Thank you again
habib

Gaz 25 21:57 20 Jan 04

Turn alerting level OFF, or Minimum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…