Please use the search facility

PA28 21:35 28 Jan 05

One of the hot topics at the moment seems to be the difficulty users are having in updating AVG7. AVG are apparently working on it according to their forum.

What is astonishing is that many of these threads are almost identical in content. Obviously the search facility is not being used prior to posting. I entered AVG in the search box and received no less than 500 threads exactly - the headers of which indicated the update issues with AVG7.

Please, please - use the search facility first........

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 21:36 28 Jan 05

Couldn't aggree with you more PA28
and alot about adware,they know where to go for it,it comes up everyday.thanks.ben

VoG II 21:38 28 Jan 05

Time after time after time the identical question.

autoexec.nt is another popular one.

I agree wholeheartedly.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 21:43 28 Jan 05

updates for S&D

it gets annoying someof the time

PA28 12:34 29 Jan 05

^

pj123 12:53 29 Jan 05

The only thing I would add is: use the search box on the left of the screen as the one at the top of the screen does not seem to work very well.

Chezdez 13:32 29 Jan 05

same goes for 'how do i set up a network?'

SEARCH!!!

stalion 13:50 29 Jan 05

we are here to help it's voluntary many posters are new on the forum and it is not compulsory to search forst

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 14:03 29 Jan 05

Yeah,they should have a newbie page.

pj123 14:40 29 Jan 05

stalion, agree. It is not compulsory to do a search first and, as you say, new users wouldn't know that anyway.

This is what prompted my recent thread: click here

Do we just point them in the direction of previous threads or do we all type our responses again.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again!, no I don't think so. We were all newbies once, like we were all learner drivers once (although you are not old enough to drive yet). The more you use it the better you become.

I think just take everything as it comes. If you know there were previous answers, point it out. If you are not sure, type your response in again.

pj123 14:43 29 Jan 05

Like my partner keeps pointing out to me.

"We can't all be perfect"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…