PLEASE tick "Resolved" if it is.

palinka 22:37 18 Nov 05

Is it my imagination, or are we seeing fewer ticked "resolved" threads lately? I don't mean that fewer problems are being sorted out (resolved) but that it seems fewer people are bothering to tick that box when their problem has been sorted. It's easy to forget, especially now that we can read eresponses to our problems without logging in, BUT we need to log in to tick the reasolved box.

So please, when your problem is sorted out, scroll down to the end of the discussion you started, put a tick in the Resolved box and then click "Resolved".

VoG II 23:16 18 Nov 05

Here's how click here

Fellsider 11:32 19 Nov 05

I agree with you. I don't want to appear negiative and I am prepared to try to help anyone where I think that I can.

However.... There are at least three unresolved threads that I have replied to, in one case over a month ago, and I am still the last respondent.

The threads in question seem to imply that the original enquirer has a major (to them) problem, so I can only assume that it has been resolved and they haven't bothetred to 'close' it.

palinka 12:11 19 Nov 05

I've noticed quite a lot that say something like "thanks, it's OK now" but they don't tick resolved.

palinka 15:22 20 Nov 05

it's interesting that I posted a thread with this same title in Helproom Forum nd that has prompted lots of replies, even after i'd ticked Resolved. But only 2 replies here.

If you are genuinely an "absolute beginner" and so read thsi helproom, PLEASE remember when your problem is sorted out to tick the box beside Resolved (at the bottom of the topic you started) and then click Resolved.

You have to do this ticking and clicking as a separate action from posting a reply/comment. Think of it as posting ANOTHER reply.

ade.h 18:43 20 Nov 05

If I see the scenario that you described, Palinka, whereby someone says that the issue is solved but doesn't mark it as such, I sometimes ask them to, as politely as possible. Nothing happens!

Some people just can't be bothered, and I guess that won't change any time soon. They don't think about the courtesy and they don't think about future searches or people who prefer not to click on resolved threads.

I've had five or six threads in the last few days in which my post has elicited no response, even if it's a request for more info.

To be fair to the regular users of this section though; it doesn't suffer as badly as the Helproom area.

ade.h 19:17 20 Nov 05
  ade.h 19:17 20 Nov 05
  palinka 13:07 03 Dec 05

It's still happening that people do not know HOW to tick resolved. It is not just a matter of saying "Thanks" (though we appreciate that). Here's how to "Tick resolved" : go to your thread AGAIN; scroll to the bottom, look for the button saying Resolved and click in the small blank box beside it. THEN click that Resolved button. The only person who ever sees this button is the person who started the original thread so only that person can do this.

watchful 09:34 04 Dec 05

^just to bring to attention^

palinka 11:34 04 Dec 05

thanks, watchful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…