Please review my WordPress website

diy 12:33 PM 04 Aug 13

Hello, having had a go with Dreamweaver and Serif Webplus I have now produced a website using WordPress to show some of my photographic efforts. I have no knowledge of code or how it works but have learnt (slogged!) from reading the installation instructions (surprising!) use of Google and trial and error! I have only seen it on IE so would welcome any comments on how it looks on other platforms, if it works and any suggestions for improvement. Thanks

ethelbert 10:52 AM 05 Aug 13

We can't review it without you giving us the URL of the site. ;-)

wiz-king 16:45 PM 05 Aug 13

Looks fine on Chrome.

I dont like the font you have used but thats my personal preference, I dont like the look of the 'l' in galleries.

diy 18:18 PM 05 Aug 13

Thanks for the replies, perhaps I should have pointed to the site like this The fonts are all from default settings at the moment, that will be something to look at later. As long as I know it works on other platforms or not slow in loading. One of the photographs was a winner in the recent PCA photo competition.

ethelbert 18:25 PM 05 Aug 13

Having just lost my response, I'll be brief. I thought that the photos were excellent and well displayed. I thought that you have too much white space but that may be because you have just started? Anyhow take a look at this Wordpress website which seems not to have loads of white space and is a good layout.

click here Computer Tips and Tutorials]1

1]: [click here

Forum Editor 16:54 PM 06 Aug 13

"perhaps I should have pointed to the site like this"

No, you included a perfectly good link in your opening post. I suspect that ethelbert didn't spot it.

diy 22:58 PM 23 Dec 13

Been busy on my website added some more photos, toned down the white background and generally found my way around Wordpress, still not easy though! Any more comments welcome. Merry Christmas!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know