please recommend wireless adsl modem for AOL

BILL WHITE 17:51 03 Nov 04

I've just upgraded to AOL Silver broadband, having been a dial-up customer for several years. My PC is in a different room to my BT master socket and I am running with an extension cable. This works fine but is inconvenient. I would like to purchase a simple, one-port wireless modem to replace my BT Voyager 105. It should work with a USB connection to my PC. I have been surprised to see that the BT Voyager 2100 says it will not work with AOL, but doesn't say why.

Could anyone please recommend a wireless modem to work with my system, which uses XP and AOL 9.0?

Many thanks

Bill White

richierich 18:22 03 Nov 04

I use an Origo wirless router with AOL9 which I purchased from click here £40 about a month a go, works fine most of the time but when I did have a problem AOL didnt want to know and refused to help even though the problem was nothing to do with the router. so keep the bt modem in case you have any probs with aol as you will have to use it if you want them to support you. I believe aol do offer support on some modems

PUNKA 18:36 03 Nov 04

Click on Keyword wireless, find compatable modem list and there you can find a list of recommended routers but as I understand it there are others that AOL do not recommend which will do the Job. Best of Luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…