please please help guys??? anyone????

NIGEY 22:51 24 Jul 03

hi gang can someone please help ...when i switch on my comp running xp i get the usual info on screen then the xp boot up screen then my monitor goes into standby....ive tried f8 to go into safe mode and tried rebooting in everyoption there but my monitor still turns itself off...all this started when i tried to run who wants to be a millionaire demo any one please help im at my wits end...thanx all in advance nigey ;-)

Bodi 22:55 24 Jul 03

uninstalling the demo completely?

Can you get into safe mode (is there such a thing in XP?) and delete everything from there - or go back to your last "backup".

Could be really unkind and ask why you didn't - er "phone a friend"? - but I won't lol

NIGEY 22:57 24 Jul 03

nah cant do anything soon as the boot up screen appears off goes the monitor....yried selecting boot up in last known good config but still does it?????

VoG II 22:58 24 Jul 03

What version of windows.

I reckon you have two lives left.

NIGEY 23:01 24 Jul 03

i do actually say m8...xp as soon as the scroll bar goes across the screen off goes the monitor but still here the bootup music through the speakers???

Bodi 23:02 24 Jul 03

and I'm not well up on XP (so this might not help) but can you boot into Windows with a boot disk?

Or alternatively, change the boot sequence in your BIOS temporarily to CD-ROM drive and try and repair from there?

Djohn 23:06 24 Jul 03

What type of monitor, CRT, or TFT?

NIGEY 23:08 24 Jul 03

crt m8

VoG II 23:10 24 Jul 03

System Restore to before you installed WWTBM

Bodi 23:11 24 Jul 03

that the monitor settings for the game are incorrect. I know some games will only play properly with 256 colours set.

If you can get into your computer via the installation CD, you could try changing the monitor settings. - Can't think of anything else that might help at the moment.

NIGEY 23:12 24 Jul 03

thats the point cant get into desktop cause monitor goes off so cant see anything m8 :-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…