Please insert a disk into "A:",.... Why???

Kitz E Kat 21:22 13 May 03

Hi , on a friends computer when running Avery Design Pro, a label maker, you get Please insert a disk into A: when you attempt to open an existing file. How this came about im not quite sure, she says the last time she remembers using if she tried to load a file onto a floppy, to print from another computer as the network was down, the floppy thing did not work i suspect the file was to big, dunno i did not see it , i fixed the network,but am left with this prob.
Thanks for any help you can offer
Yours
Kitz

Djohn 21:59 13 May 03

This is just to bring you back to the top.

The reason is, the "existing files" are associated with the "a" drive, either from being written too, or copied from the drive originally, so each time you open one of them it will first look at the "a" drive then move on.

The solution is to re-move the association, and I've forgot how to do it! But not to worry, someone will help us both on this tricky little problem. ;o)

AndyJ 22:16 13 May 03

Have you tried looking under Tools / Options /Directories to see where the program points to?

VoG™ 22:23 13 May 03

See flecc's answer, posted by woodchip click here

hugh-265156 22:25 13 May 03

this involves editing the registry so be sure to set a restore point or export the key beforehand.go to start/run and type regedit then open up HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer.look for the folder RunMRU delete all the values here except the default value and close the regestry.now go to start\controlpanel\system\hardware\devicemanager click on floppy disk drive and right click and uninstall.now reboot.windows will install the drive again and the files are now no longer assoiated with the floppy.

_Treb_ 22:27 13 May 03

I remember reading this in the forum click here

_Treb_ 22:29 13 May 03

Same as VoG

hugh-265156 22:31 13 May 03

june edt.of PCA

Kitz E Kat 18:51 14 May 03

Thanks all, will try your ideas, thanks for the time
Happy Posting
Kitz E

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…