please help,still no web pictures

jade25 23:46 15 Oct 10

sorry to bother you again but as a re-cap after downloading firefox 3.6 l lost all colour and pictures.
I thought the colour was coming back when google, title was coloured but no such luck. Now have no web pictures on ie or firefox but headers in some, like website are just one colour and you don't see any names like here its bright yellow and had to go to help room before l got a log on word l could see.
Between ie and firefox ie is best for me to see and read but still no pictures. I am an artist and can't see my pictures on website.
Have asked loads put stacks of questions on google, just do not know what to do, have searched on internet options lots of times. Am shatterd so am just hoping someone can help tomorrow. Before l go i use windows 7 which is on a new computer so am learning that and wonder if l have set something wrong.Thanks for reading.

birdface 11:58 16 Oct 10

Check device manager and see if your graphics driver needs updating.
Make sure you have the latest Flash update installed and remove any old ones.
And how about a system restore to a time before you installed Firefox.

birdface 12:07 16 Oct 10

You could try Control Panel.Color Management.Advanced.Calibrate Display.
I have only tried it once and was not sure what to do so left it the way it was.
Maybe someone can explain how it works.
There must be something on W/7 that will do it for you.
I am going out so cannot help further.
Weekends are usually a bit slow if seeking help but maybe someone about to give you some advice.

rdave13 14:24 16 Oct 10

Do you have the no colour add-on in firefox? click here just a thought.
As for your pictures then check your Java version (click here ) and have a look at the Microsoft support; click here .
This might be useful for firefox;
click here scroll down to the thread.

lotvic 19:40 16 Oct 10

I think rdave13 has the answer -
tools: options:> content:> load images automatically

you can also set the colours on there as well, I would suggest you put dot in to 'allow pages to choose their own colours' that should get rid of the bright yellow that you said you have.

jade25 22:50 16 Oct 10

Hi Everyone and thanks for all the help and links. I got my colours and pics back at lunchtime today.
What all the trouble was and l missed it everytime l went in internet options, the java box wasn't checked.I knew something was missed and it must have been done before l got it as hadn't been on the web when l got on firefox and l was blaming that and last night was reading about all the people that was having the same problem. Also l think i was trying so many things it was getting worse and l was just about to do system restore but everything is ok now.
Am just hoping l get to like windows 7 as l was a fan of vista , not many were but l liked it.
Thanks again,
Jade

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…