please help,problem with floppy disk

bibo1465 07:41 11 Feb 05

hi everyone

Please i need your help.From yeasterday Thursday10/2/2005 i start having problem with the floppy disk, it start ticking by itsely asking to put floppy disk in the drive, it happen every minute once or twice.

It is so annoying.
I know floppy disk now is obselete but i have a lot of files using floppy drive.if i keep floppy disk in the drive it keep ticking but a lot less.

Can you please give me your advise.

Thank you for your help in advance

Diodorus Siculus 07:48 11 Feb 05

Clear your temp files as well as recently used file list.

Completealias 12:54 12 Feb 05

Sounds like the drive may be on the way out

groundhog 13:12 12 Feb 05

After you have followed Diodorus Siculus suggestions and if you are still being asked to insert a floppy.

it could mean that something is trying to write to the floppy. If thats the case you may have a virus or it might be something like sheduled backup?

mattyc_92 13:18 12 Feb 05

Have you changed anything inside the computer's case... If so... Then you have put the cable conecting the motherboard to the floppy drive the wrong way round...

FelixTCat 13:22 12 Feb 05

Try putting a blank floppy disk in the drive and see what is written to it. That will give you a clue as to what is calling it. Then we can try to stop it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…