please help,i can't update my LG GT540 mobile

habs2habs 07:59 11 Jan 11

Hi everyone

I am writing this email hopping i will get help from you very soon.
I bought this mobile phone LG GT540,2 days ago,i love this mobile phone so much.

from last Sunday 9/1/2011 till today 11/1/2011,trying to update the mobile,i can't .

i used software called(LG mobile support tool),downloaded and installed the USB software,than connect the USB to the mobile.

from the LG mobile support tool software,still telling me(disconnected,please connect the mobile) eventhough the mobile is connected to the laptop by the USB cable.

so far i have been waiting for 30 minutes,by using the LG software,still showing:
checking the connection with the cell phone.

as support section saying,i took the battery off,connected the USB cable to the mobile,still showing :checking the connection to the cell phone

can you please tell me how to make this software works,and how to update my mobile phone

i am using windows vista home premium

i hope to hear from you very soon

my kindest regards
habs2habs

compumac 09:54 11 Jan 11

Sounds from your post and your earlier post that the PC is not seeing either of your phones, so is it the PC itself or the connecting USB lead that is the problem and not the software?

cj1967 21:38 11 Jan 11

I been having the same problems I found this forum very helpful if you download the software in the link provided by 'Rotten Fox Breath' it works. You need to restart your PC first.

Thats the good news HOWEVER, when I then came to update phone kept crashing on me and saying it had lost connection with phone.

Let me know if you succeed.

cj1967 21:39 11 Jan 11

click here

sorry forgot the link in last post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…