please help,i can't see yahoo.co.uk

bibo1465 20:05 28 Sep 06

hi everyone

please help.I installed the zonealarm updated version

The problem is,the yahoo.co.uk web page was working normally,before i installed zonealarm, when i installed zonealarm,updated version,everytime i try to open yahoo.co.uk,a page open up saying:
the page cannot be displayed

When i go to firefox web browser,and i tried to go to yahoo,a page popup saying:
action cancelled

i unstalled the updated version of zonealarm,and installed the previous version,which i thought it might work, but it doesn't work.

What puzzled me,i can open any other web page,no problem at all,but not yahoo page.

I went to zonealarm main screen and allowed internet explorer,and firefox.

I restarted my pc sp many time with no avail.

Can you please help me,and thank you so much for your help in advance
My kindest regards
bibo1465

VoG II 20:10 28 Sep 06

Try Hosts Toggle click here

yaesu 20:22 28 Sep 06

Hi, sorry if this seems stupid but do you use click here as the address? because www. won't work for me. (xpsp2+avast+outpost+ie7)
yaesu.

mammak 20:42 28 Sep 06

For some time now for me on BT/Yahoo broadband
it changes to click here from click here

try .com see if that works.

bibo1465 07:10 29 Sep 06

hi there

thank you for your reply,i am so appreciated.
yeasu: I am not using BT yahoo, i am using Demon isp.

Yahoo and other website were working normally.I am using windows xp sp2,avg anti virus,zonealarm,internet explorer version6,and firefox

mammak: you are right, i changed the web address to : click here,(it does work in firefox) Not in the useless IE6.

I changed the address in IE6 to click here as well,but it doesn't work,it says the page can't be displayed.

Now i can access (any web page) i want in firefox,but nothing at all in the rubbish IE6.

Yesterday Thursday i tried to fix IE6 by going to :
start>run>typed sfc /scannow

in the end,i restart my pc nothing helped at all.useless IE6

Can you please tell me to to fix IE6.

again thank you all for every help and reply i received from you.

have a very lovely weekend all

My kindest regards
bibo1465

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…