please help,i can't see a lot of movies with wmp

habs 07:26 27 Feb 06

Hi everyone

please i need your help.I have problem with windows media player.I can't see a lot of movies using( mpeg) format.

everytimes i click on start,an error come saying:

when i click on more information this happen;

C00D1199: Cannot play the file
Windows Media Player cannot play the file. You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:

The file type is not supported by the Player. For a list of file types (formats) that are supported by Windows Media Player, see Supported file types.
The file type is supported by the Player, but the file was compressed by using a codec that is

not supported by the Player.
The file type is supported, but you are trying to play it in a way that is not supported by the Player. For example, you might have tried to drag a DVD file with a .vob extension from a DVD to the Windows Media Player icon. Or you might have tried to open a .vob file by clicking Open on the File menu.
You are trying to play one part of a multipart file. Use a newsreader or other program to combine the files, and then try again.
Error ID = 0xC00D1199, Condition ID = 0x00000000
Web Help

Can you please tell me hoe to fix the error.thank you so much for your help in advance

My kindest regards
habs

Diodorus Siculus 08:19 27 Feb 06

Microsoft Windows Media - Troubleshooting Windows Media Player 9 Series Error Messages
click here

Chris Lanier's Blog : Guide To Error C00D1199 In Windows Media Player
click here

Diodorus Siculus 08:21 27 Feb 06

BTW, it seems to be a generic error code for any number of problems and solutions are varied as outlined in the links above.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:13 27 Feb 06

Read this post and install indow media player classic it will run every type of file.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…