please help,i can't read my dvd+rw

habs 07:41 26 Jan 04

Hi everybody

Please i need your help.I have (Optorite dd0203) dual format+ - dvd writer.

I back up all my important information on Memorex dvd+rw.

When i tried to access my information to copy them to new formated hard disk, my computer freeze, all the icons(from the desktop) disappear, i couldn't do anything with the dvd+rw .

But when i eject the dvd+rw out from the tray, the icons come back again, my computer start working normally.

Can somebody help me solve this problem ,and how to access all my information to copy them to my program file.

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

My kindest regards
habib

rent-a-cop 08:31 26 Jan 04

a bit more information needed here. what version of windows for a start. Is this after a fresh install of the os? what prog do you use to backup? have you formatted the dvdrw with packet writing software? is the disk physically damaged? when did the problem first appear?

Stuartli 08:42 26 Jan 04
  rent-a-cop 08:44 26 Jan 04

why on earth would he want to put that awful tdk thing in his machine?

habs 20:31 27 Jan 04

hi rent-a-cop
Yes this happen after i format and reinstall win.I am using Windows xp home edition.no i haven't format the dvdrw with packet writing.

The dvdrw is physically good,no scratch, nothing.this happen before with different type of dvd cd.

This problem happened after i format and reinstall my windows as you know, and before at any times.

Again thank you so much for all your help.
habs

R4 21:11 27 Jan 04

How did you do the backup?. By Copying files to the DVD or did you use a backup program.

Did you Finalise your DVD after backup ?

habs 22:29 27 Jan 04

I used NERO program and i add the information to nero and copy the DVDRW.
No i haven't use any backup program, yes i finalize the dvd.

thank you again

Chegs ® 00:14 28 Jan 04

click here

Just to humour me,try either "easywritereader" or "easywritereader4" downloaded from here.I used this to access a Nero DVD-RW cd this afternoon as it wasn't being read by Roxio or Nero burning software.

Stuartli 08:58 28 Jan 04

You clearly didn't read far down enough to work out the reason for the link....:-)

As for TDK, my CyClone rewriter is first class (actually, like the Vortex before it, it's a rebranded drive; the Vortex was a Plextor and the CyClone has a Samsung based mechanism).

rickf 09:27 28 Jan 04

Do you need to update Opptorite with firmware. Check their site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…