please help,firefox use 100% of the cpu usage

habs 07:25 02 Feb 07

hi everyone

please help.everytimes i use firefox it use 100% of the cpu usage,i feel the case of my case vibrate.
i am only looking for the internet and looking for my email.

I go to task manger and i can see firefox using about 98% of the cpu usage.this doesn't happened before.i am so happy with firefox.

This happened from about 3 days ago until today.

I don't know what is happening?

please don't tell me to use (internet explorer) version 6 or 7.it never works on my pc,in fact i hate IE.

can you please give me your advise.

thank you in advance

desi3026 08:48 02 Feb 07

Hi,
Although I cant help you,I have to tell you that exactly the same thing has happened to me.I downloaded it a few weeks ago and I can only use it for short periods for the same reasons as you.Such a shame as its a good browser.I have no add-ons or extensions,so it cant be that.The Firefox forums have not been all that helpful either.Will continue to check this thread,hopefully someone will come up with something.
Regards desi3026.

big bloke66 16:12 02 Feb 07

Have you tried system restore ? back to before. the problem started. Or uninstall then reinstall Firefox.
hope this helps.
bb66.

gartoye 19:04 02 Feb 07

Ive installed firefox v.2 on my new build & its a lot slower than version 1 on my old machine which is much punier. Putting Version 1 on there may do the trick if its still downloadable (but may not be as secure) this is what Im going to try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced