please help,confused between SSD drives and SSHD drive

habs2habs 14:41 13 Oct 13

hi everyone

please i need your help.

i would like to buy SSD fast hard drive,but i am confused between SSD and SSHD

SSD: solid state drive and SSHD: solid state hybrid drive

SSD is a lot expensive than SSHD.please see by yourself below from the 2 link i sent to compare the price

i am sending you 2 link from amazon:

SSD: click here me SSD is too expensive for me,i am thinking to buy 2TB SSHD for £100.31,i know SSHD is faster than the normal drive.

i will install the SSHD in my desktop,and i am using my desktop to play games,and internet.

i have sapphire HD Vapor-x 7950 OC,3GB memory

If i buy SSD or SSHD do i need to change anything in the BIOS,to enablew any feature in the BIOS and if so which features?

i hope to hear from you very soon,and thank you so much for your advice in advance

My kindest regards habs

SSHD: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-ST2000DX001-Hybrid-Internal-Solid/dp/B00ELAVI3I/ref=sr11?ie=UTF8&qid=1381670821&sr=8-1&keywords=sshd+2tb

for

rdave13 16:43 13 Oct 13

You will need to do a bit more research into SSD drives. Hybrid drives are like having all your eggs in one basket. Faster than ordinary drives for some things but slower than SSD for others. Have you thought of getting an SSD for OS and other smaller programs (minimum 120 Gig in my oppinion) and a second ordinary Sata drive to install larger programs and games etc?

I would keep away from these hybrids but it is just my humble opinion. If you're talking about a laptop with no space for a second hard drive then that would be all that's available to you. I would still keep away from using a hybrid even in this case.

retep888™ 16:45 13 Oct 13

<< i would like to buy SSD fast hard drive,but i am confused between SSD and SSHD >>

As the name Hybrid in your Amazon link suggested the SSHD has a small 8GB SSD(NAND) integrated for boot & mainly read performance with a large 2TB mechanical capacity & it should be a fast drive with a good £/GB.(I haven't a personal experience with this type of drive yet though)

<< If i buy SSD or SSHD do i need to change anything in the BIOS,to enablew any feature in the BIOS and if so which features? >>

Solid State Drive (SSD) Tweaks for Windows 7 Although disabling System Restore is optional.

Personally I'd go for a 120/128GB SSD for the OS booting drive with all the necessary programmes/application with a 2TB 7200RPM mechanical HDD as a data drive with games installed on it then run within the SSD.

rdave13 16:54 13 Oct 13

Best SSD Optimisation guide I've found, click here.

habs2habs 17:11 13 Oct 13

Thank you all for your quick reply,i appreciated so much.

If i buy SSD 128GB for the OS booting drive with all the necessary programmes/application and use the other 2TB mechanical HDD as a data drive with games installed on it then run within the SSD .

please:where shall i re-install all the games,shall i keep them in my normal HDD,or re-install them on SSD drive to run the games faster,and quicker.

please how can i run my mechanical HDD within the SSD card.

please that what i would do step by step,please correct me if i am wrong:

-I will buy 128GB SSD,make it as OS booting drive. -keep all the games and applications on the normal HDD(but my normal HDD has windows7 OS install on it already)What can i do?

Can i take the mechanical HDD out from the case and keep it in safe place,just in case i need it later(if the SSD stopped working,or failed)?

honestly,i don't want to format my normal HDD,and make it as Data drive,i would rather buy another one and make it as data drive/

what do you think shall i do?

I hope to hear from you very soon,as you always did

My kindest regards habs

rdave13 18:04 13 Oct 13

My suggestion, on your reply, would be to keep the original drive in a safe place. Get an SSD and normal mechanical drive and start afresh. Load your OS on the SSD and install your games on the new sata mechanical drive. That is if you think you'll benefit by this set-up. Your OS will certainly load faster and any other program on the SSD will also be faster but your games will still play at normal speed. Maybe looking at upgrading the GPU and/or CPU might be better than the harddrive?

habs2habs 18:29 13 Oct 13

Dear rdave13

again thank you so much for your help.

I will take out the mechanical HDD and keep it in safe place.

Buy SSD drive and set it as OS booting(i will buy SSD drive depends how much i can afford),maybe 250GB,or 500GB,try to install everything on the SSD drive(OS,games,application everything)

if i can't afford the capacity,i will buy 128GB SSD drive(set it as OS booting),and than 2Tb mechanical HDD.

this is the specification of my esktop: intel core(TM) I7 cpu @2.67GHZ 6.00 GB memory win7,64bit 3GB memory,sapphire HD 7950 vapor-X,OC,graphic card

i think the spec i have in my desktop,is good(don't you think that please)

I hope to hear from you very soon,with all my respect to you all

My kindest regards habs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…