Please Help! Windows 2000 User Problem

2Xtreme_lives 18:36 06 Jan 07

Hello,
I recently changed my password on my PC, and i am stupid enough to forget the password. I am currently on another account and i can remember the password name, but it is not an admin account and i need to access important files on the other user area. I assure you i am 100% trustworthy and i am trying to get back into my own user area. I have tried to look for solutions and all i can find are dodgey boot disc programs. I really need to find out what the defualt administrator password is. This is because i have 2 admin. accounts, mine and one called "Administrator" which i assume is the defualt.
Kind Regards

VoG II 18:38 06 Jan 07
  2Xtreme_lives 18:44 06 Jan 07

Thanks, however i saw that earlier and did't find it useful as it just showed me the programs. But thanks :)

SANTOS7 18:46 06 Jan 07

click here
this is from VoG™s link which is more than usefull seems to be exactly what you are looking for..

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:10 06 Jan 07

Windows2k
Try this:

1- boot to the windows 2000 CD ,

2- press enter to start setup ,

3- press F8 for the license agreement ,

4- when you get the option to repair the current installation press R to do so ,

5- wait until it is registering components then press shift F10 to open a command prompt. ,

6- In windows 2000 type in "control.exe" w/o quotation marks and press enter. This should open up the control panel in 2000. ,

7- select the users and change or remove their passwords accordingly, apply settings and close the control panel windows and command prompt windows so that just setup is running again. ,

8- let the inplace upgrade finish.

The user should now be able to log in when it finishes and not have to reinstall the programs like in a parallel install.

2Xtreme_lives 21:11 06 Jan 07

Ok fruit bat thanks a lot, i think i have the boot CD kicking around somewhere

2Xtreme_lives 21:16 06 Jan 07

I have not been able to find the boot CD, ugh i really need to get back into my old account as important files for work are in there, thanks for you help guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…