please help what card ati or nvidia

1887 23:01 31 Oct 04

which vid card is the best we play a lot of games eg the sims 2 and cod thank you

AndySD 23:46 31 Oct 04

What is your price limit?

Giggle n' Bits 23:55 31 Oct 04

I start of a reply. Simms & Cod need a bit of memory, HDD Space and AGP Graphics card and if Simms 2 DirectX 9.

Ideally 384MB Memory minimum, watch you have plenty of HDD space free and Graphics card (Not Intergrated) ideally 128MB though 64 would be ok but nowadays 128MB is sensible.

Like a Nvidia FX5200 128MB DDR Memory AGP x8 minimum upto so not to overdo things FX5700LE.
Ideas can be found at my local haunts

click here

click here

click here

But please make sure you can disable any onboard graphics/VGA before purchasing a new card.

As I said before many answers will arrive possibly saying ATI card, either do the job but for stabilty and hassle free I recommend Nvidia chipset cards.

Giggle n' Bits 23:57 31 Oct 04

the cheapest and ones I have used many off are PixelView FX5200 for around £38 for a higher but not overkill card I say Gigabyte FX5500 GT Edition for about £55 ish

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…