Please help...is this a virus?

rizlo29 18:37 18 Apr 10

I keep getting pop ups. First of all I get a pop up on the task bar, saying danger, then followed by an annoying pop ups. Some pop ups even know some of my passwords? They are like every 5 minutes apart, When I cancel the pop up everything’s fine for 5 minutes then another pop up appears then a add for me to buy the software, digital protection.

When I scan my pc, for viruses, it doesn’t find any, I’m using windows defender please help

Jameslayer 18:41 18 Apr 10

Try downloading and running another virus program such as avg, avista.

john bunyan 18:51 18 Apr 10

Also scan with Malawarebytes and Superantispyware if you have them.You cannot have two anti virus programmes running at once, but the two above are not a problem.

Les28 19:51 18 Apr 10

Is this the program, ways here to remove it

click here

What anti-virus prog are you using? Windows Defender is not an anti-virus program.

rizlo29 20:23 18 Apr 10

Yes thats it :(

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:32 18 Apr 10

No its not click here

rizlo29 21:36 18 Apr 10

Thanks les the link you put up had the correct steps to remove it...thanks again.

Sea Urchin 23:27 18 Apr 10

Yes - it's very confusing and that's why these rogue programs are so insidious. rizlo29 is using an AV program called Windows Defender, and was trying to remove a rogue program called Digital Protection. Les28 said Windows Defender was not an AV program - but he was of course thinking of the rogue Windows Defender

click here

Les28 07:07 19 Apr 10

If rizlo29 is using Microsoft Windows Defender as his or her antivirus protection and hasn't upgraded to Microsoft Security Essentials they are not running an anti-virus program. Defender is an anti spyware program, not an anti virus.

click here

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…