PLEASE HELP!! Speaker Problem

ChiliPepper 13:19 11 Aug 03

Hi, I have a problem with my Creative 5.1 surround speakers. I can only hear bass. When I go to the surround mixer and raise the volume of treble or any other thing it doesn't make any difference.

When I test the speakers, the only speaker that I can hear properly is the centre one - and I can change the volume of this is the advanced tab. This one speaker isn't enough to let me listen to anything properly as it is drowned out by the others.

Why can't I change the volume of the rest of the speakers? Why can I only hear bass?

It was working fine one day, then I changed it from the speakers to the headphones by moving a wire at the back, and then when I changed it back it doesn't work anymore. I have done this many other times and never had any problems, and as far as I can see, all the wires are connected properly, although I am no expert.

Please help me! I need to do some work with music, and I can't hear anything properly!

Lozzy 13:22 11 Aug 03

Make sure all connections are seated prop. Take them out and re insert. That may just do the trick

ChiliPepper 13:26 11 Aug 03

do you mean all the wires at the back on my pc, and the ones connected to the subwoofer? (sorry, I'm not good on technical terms!) I'll try that anyway, thanks.

ChiliPepper 13:37 11 Aug 03

It works!!!

The yellow wire at the back was pushed all the way in, which I would have thought was right, but when I took it out I got a bit of treble as I pulled it out, so when I put it back in about 1/2 way it works. <shrugs shoulders> I hope this is right.

Anyway, thanks A LOT!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…