Please Help (Radeon 9250)

2Xtreme_lives 17:37 18 Mar 07

Hello there,
I have just upgraded the following PC to Windows Vista Ultimate:
Amd Duran 1.2GHZ Cpu
512MB PC2700 RAM
GIGABYTE Radeon 9250 AGP Graphics Card
50GB Maxtor HDD

I know its low spec, but its only to tie me over until i can afford a new one. Now i have quite a few PC Games, but i can't play any of them now i have vista. This is because of Drivers, i can't find ANY. The Ati website does not have any, their minimum is 9500. I have read many articles saying that it is not supported but i know some people have got them working.
Anybody Know of any drivers?
Thanks

Fingees 17:53 18 Mar 07

you can try this

click here

skidzy 17:56 18 Mar 07

This is a beta so beware of bugs click here
may help,may not im afraid....biggest problem with Vista at the moment.

skidzy 17:57 18 Mar 07

Ooops,sorry Fingees...beat me to it.

2Xtreme_lives 18:31 18 Mar 07

Thanks very much, i shall try these out and get back to you

2Xtreme_lives 19:59 18 Mar 07

Sorry guys, not a success. I installed...something
It said it was installing something called microsoft C++ but not driver. I tried to click on it again and chose custom install but it still did't install the dirver. I also noticed that it is only compatable with radeon 9500, any other suggestions?
Thanks

gudgulf 20:59 18 Mar 07

I think the problem lies with the fact your card is only DirectX 8 capable.

Vista requires hardware DirectX 9 support.....and that is found in ATI graphics cards from the 9500 series and up.That doesn't mean there are no drivers that will work.....the links by skidzy and Fingees list your card in the RC1 release drivers.

If those are not compatible with the final release version then you are reliant on finding a driver that is or can be tweaked into accepting your card.

You are also short on RAM....1GB minimum) which would slow the pc down significantly.

Given the cost of Vista Ultimate you might have been better going for the Premium edition and an extra stick of RAM/new graphics card to ensure meeting the basic system requirements.

I'll have a look on-line to see if there are any workarounds for your card,but dont hold your breath.

Have a look at this click here

You are not the only one having problems using an ATI 9250 card.

2Xtreme_lives 21:41 18 Mar 07

Yeah i hear what you are saying, i used to have a high spec gaming pc but i had to sell it because i needed money for an xbox 360, i am getting a new pc sometime between now and summer but this pc is ok. I am running Vista with 512MB RAM and its faster than the pc was when it was running xp, so upgrading ram is not an issue. I do not want to upgrade graphics either because there is now point if i am getting a new pc soon. I just need drivers to play a few older games i.e morrowind and guild wars which run on dx8
Thanks for you help

2Xtreme_lives 21:54 18 Mar 07

Hi just to clarify i am already running Vista Ultimate

skidzy 22:01 18 Mar 07

Have you tried playing the older games in a different compatibility mode. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…