Please help, probs with NERO

geewis357 22:36 31 Oct 06

When I have been using NERO of late I get a message at the same point (80%) and it reads unrecoverable read error, can anybody explain this

Scouter 22:53 31 Oct 06

Are you able to give more info:

What part of process - the burn or the validation

Is it with same set of data - may indicate possible problem on hd, scan the hd to check.

If in validation could point to problem with data copy, bad CD/DVD. If happens on others from same batch of CD/DVD try different brand - I had problem with set of cheapish unbranded blank disks - worked fine when I changed to othet set.

geewis357 23:21 31 Oct 06

It hapens when reading any disk but allways at 80 and 81% this is the same when I copy on the fly or not

phono 23:33 31 Oct 06

Could be bad or damaged media, may possibly be a faulty drive or dirty lens, try a lens cleaner CD and see if that helps.

geewis357 23:35 31 Oct 06

the same happens what ever disk I try to copy

Scouter 23:42 31 Oct 06

the same happens what ever disk I try to copy

Is that from your hard drives or another CD/DVD they way I am reading this it is from other CD/DVD?

geewis357 23:45 31 Oct 06

yes scouter I am copying other CD's

phono 23:46 31 Oct 06

I assume you have at least two drives as you mentioned copying on the fly.

Is you problem always with a read of a disc? If so is the disc being read always in the same drive?

Have you tried using the same drive as source and destination? In other words using your burner to read the contents temporarily to HD and then burning to a blank CD/DVD, if this method works okay it would suggest that the other drive needs cleaning or is defective.

geewis357 23:50 31 Oct 06

I have tryed both ways and still the same, and still it stops at the same 80% on the read side of things

Scouter 23:52 31 Oct 06

You had same thoughts.

phono 23:59 31 Oct 06

Scouter

Correct, I sure did.

geewis357

What configuration of optical drives do you have? Not makes and models etc but for instance do you have a CD or DVD ROM reader and a CD or DVD Re-Writer? Is the process failing at the read or write stage?

I would suspect, that as you have now said you have tried burning on the fly and using your burner as source and destination, that your burner is either defective or needs cleaning, I very nmuch doubt that the problem is related to Nero.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…