Please help, probs with monitor

geewis357 19:45 05 Jan 06

I recently bought my doughter a pc from ebay. The pc worked fine till I clean installed XP pro and sp2. All was well till it downloaded a second windows update then requested a reboot and when it rebooted it looked ok till it was time to show the welcome screen the monitor went black and after a few second displays a meassage Atention 84k / 160 hz frequancy out of range, the only way to boot is in safe mode. This is a new one for me. Pc spec is XP pro 512 ddr ram, 2800+ AMD with nvida 440 mx graphics card. Help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

jack 19:52 05 Jan 06

Looks like the Monitor is short of a driver.
If you did a clean install the all the originals driver cleaned out.
The system will run on a default /generic settinf bot to get the monitor to run properly you will need a driver.
Go to control panel/system/hardware/display[or monitor] and click driver- Windows has a library of device drivers- you may find the exacy one or one near enough to do the job.
Failing that the moniot manufacturers web site for the latest.

geewis357 20:21 05 Jan 06

Thanks Jack. usualy when I have done a clean install when the corect driver cannot be found windows uses one of its own but in this case it did not, so I have got one from a web site and everything is fine. many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…