please help, problem with norton internet security

bibo1465 10:43 19 Feb 05

hi everyone

Please i need your help.I have Norton internet security professional, it is running normally, but i keep receiving alert message saying:
Program control
HIGH RISK
A remote system is attempting to access your computer
protocol: UDPinbound
Remote access: 209.102.161.82

Everytimes i press (block),do not show this message again, it comes back again and again and the (protocol and remote access) keep changing.

The number for the (remote access) keep changing everytimes i press Block do not show again it comes back again and again.

So far this morning Saturday19/2/2005 it happened about 100 times.

I scan the exposure against threay through symantec web site it says the scan is SAFE,everything is safe.I don't what is happening?

Can you please tell me how to stop these alert.

I have windows xp home edition , SP2.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you for your help in advance
bibo

Completealias 16:20 19 Feb 05

Bump^
Not quite sure whats trying 2 access ur pc but the fact that your getting the pop ups means that your safe as the attempt to get in is being blocked. U keep getting the message as its something different everytime so hasn't been remembered by NIS. Annoying yes but at least your pcs safe.

Probably worth scanning ur pc 4 spyware / malware and virus / trojans just in case theres something nasty on your pc thats causing this 2 happen.

Other than that I think you'll have 2 wait for some1 else 2 help ya out here

gudgulf 16:40 19 Feb 05

It is just the intrusion detection feature notifying you when it blocks connections.The first thing to do is to run Live Update and make sure your product is fully up to date. Then open the Internet security control panel and select the Intrusion Detection tab and click on "configure" .Remove the tick from the "Notify me every time intrusion detection blocks a connection" and that should make the alerts stop.

All that is happening is that Norton is doing it's job of protecting your computer....it's just telling you that it is every time it does, so you don't need to worry about being hacked.

It's also well worth running scans for adware/spyware etc as Completealias suggests as a precaution and try the automated support assistant at Symantec click here to check for any problems with your Internet Security suite.

THE TERMINATOR 16:58 19 Feb 05

I agree with gudgulf, scan your drive for ad aware, you might have something on your drive that someone is attempting to make contact with. Norton is doing it's job by blocking the intruder. It might be a good idea to scan your drive with Norton too.

bibo1465 10:25 20 Feb 05

Hi
I would like to thank you for the quick reply i received from you.I have done what (gudgulf) recommend.

I scan my pc for adaware,spyware, remove the tick

from the "Notify me every time intrusion detection blocks a connection" .

So far it does work,thank you from all the heart.I haven't received not even one more alert after that.

God bless you.
Again thank you so much.
My kindest regards
bibo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…