please help nod32 wont delete my malware/virus

Brumas 15:19 14 Aug 06

Hi i have just run a scan using nod 32 anti virus and it says

C:\Documents and Settings\Alan & Fran\Local Settings\Temp\asmfiles.cab »CAB »asmps.dll - Win32/Adware.Altnet application

C:\Documents and Settings\Alan & Fran\Local Settings\Temp\asmfiles.cab »CAB »asm.exe - Win32/Adware.Altnet application

have viruses/malware but it wont give me option to delte only ignore, and at the end it says 2 threats found, 1 active, please help I have searched for the file and deleted it, but dont think that helps.

I have windows xp media centre edition.

Thank you

ade.h 15:41 14 Aug 06

I usually use NOD32 in Safe Mode. Did you try that?

gudgulf 18:31 14 Aug 06

Download and run CleanUp click here

Be sure to follow the link How to use CleanUp first.

CleanUp will clear all your temporary files and remove the ones you refer to.

It's a good idea to regularly clear temporary files anyway because many nasties like to lurk there.

You might also try this click here and look at this click here

The malware you have is nothing more serious than a tracking cookie/adserver....but you certainly don't want it on your system without invitation!

Ashrich 23:05 14 Aug 06

Try this link for a removal tool for asmps.dll click here . also for Nod32 problems they have a dedicated forum with experts and Nod32 AV writers at click here .

Ashley

Brumas 23:17 14 Aug 06

Thank you for all your help I have run spyhunter, which has removed both files, Thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…