Please help -Netskied Dame in distress!!!

headless chicken 18:14 22 Nov 04

I am running on Windows XP and have encountered Worm Netsky p and Q on my system.
I have followed advice of others and run AVG with system restore turned off - It comes up virus free. I have also ran Mcfee with the system restore turned off - to no avail.

VoG II 18:17 22 Nov 04

So what makes you think that you are infected?

Try Stinger click here

headless chicken 18:53 22 Nov 04

Have tried stinger and it comes up with 3 infected files but is unable to heal - so again have tried with system restore turned off but no luck.Certain programs run part way through then stop with errors - and my bloody inlaws live in France - si I believe I picked it up from one of their emails!!!!!

rawprawn 18:56 22 Nov 04

Try this, download and run this program. Turn system restore off before here

VoG II 18:58 22 Nov 04

Removal tool click here

JIM 19:09 22 Nov 04

click here

Windows disinfector.

NTSKYGUI is a disinfector for standalone Windows computers--open NTSKYGUI-----run it---then click GO.

headless chicken 20:10 22 Nov 04

Thank you all for replies - Vog's has worked well and deleted the 3 infected files - only prob is one of those must have been for my newly installed DVD rw so I know have lost my E drive!!!! as well as Netsky!!!!.

VoG II 20:18 22 Nov 04

Does the drive show up in Device Manager? (Start, Control Panel, System, Hardware tab, Device Manager button).

If so right click and select Uninstall. Restart your computer. Windows should detect it and reinstall it.

headless chicken 20:44 22 Nov 04

Vog, U R a star - Many thanks and Merry Christmas!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…