Please Help, Mouse and Keyboard irresponsive on st

waksh 22:36 04 Jun 08

Hi

I've had a laptop for a year now. It's a Sony Vaio VGN-C2S runnin on Vista. It all seemed fine till one day the mouse and keyboard stopped working on every startup, i tried unpluggin the battery to restart it and tried again but the same problem. I have tried taking the battery out and leaving the main power suplly in, yet still the same problem happens. Is there anything wrong that you can point me to, all help is appreciated.

Thanks

waksh 09:30 05 Jun 08

bump

crosstrainer 09:32 05 Jun 08

Try to get hold of a usb keyboard and mouse.

Plugging these in should give you back access to your system, The fault could be hardware related, in which case a repair will be required, but at least you will be able to copy your essential files off the hdd.

crosstrainer 09:37 05 Jun 08

Seems a common problem I'm afraid:

click here

waksh 09:49 05 Jun 08

the forum states it should work with an external mouse or keyboard, ive tried that and still no response.

waksh 09:50 05 Jun 08

it worked until the main desktop interface came up and then both the keypad and the keyboard stopped functioning

crosstrainer 09:53 05 Jun 08

Check your manual for BIOS access (this varies on laptop's and I don't sell Sony any more)

It could be F2 on boot up, but that's a guess.

If you can access your BIOS, check the settings for USB decvices, and any other keyboard related entries if they are present.

waksh 09:57 05 Jun 08

under what do i cheeck it has given me a few options, MAIN, ADVANCED, SECURITY, BOOT. MAIN doesnt seem like i can change anything, ADVANCED has ENXTERNAL BOOT DRIVE, NETWORK BOOT. BOOT has THE FOLLOWING:

Boot Priority order:
1 internal o[tical drive
2 Floppy Disk Drive
3 Internal hard Disk Drive
4 Nwetwork
5 USB Flash

any suggestions?

martjc 09:57 05 Jun 08

...maybe the keyboard drivers aren't loading. I'd try reloading the drivers. Do you have the original Windows disk? If so, boot from it and try a repair.

chub_tor 10:00 05 Jun 08

If it is out of warranty and all else fails you could call click here Never dealt with them myself but it's a nice looking website.

crosstrainer 10:00 05 Jun 08

First things first:

All the options you describe above are related to parts of your system and it's hardware.

Scroll through each one, until you find the USB or Periperals entry.

Don't be scared of looking, it's making changes that you need to take care about.

When you have looked at each section (see if one exist's for USB legacy support (enable it)

Post back.

If all else fails, you may be able to boot from a CD / DVD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac