Please help me upgrade my desktop!

kcurtin 21:11 01 Aug 08

I just recently recieved an older (2002) desktop for free and am looking to upgrade it so that I can play games (tf2, maybe world in conflict, use the hammer editor, etc).Although I would like to run these games fairly well, I don't want to spend too much money on the upgrades(being that its an old model and not worth much to begin with). Its model and other specs are: Compaq Presario SR1500NX AMD Sempron(tm) 3000+ 2.00 GHz, 256MB of memory installed and 80GB Hard Drive. There are two slots and I THINK it could support 2 512MB upgrades (I think) to get me to 1GB, have to take out the existing memory to install new ones. The motherboard is an Asus, A7V8X-LA (Ketut-GL6E).

My major question is about the compatability of a Direct X 9 level card with my comp. Can anyone help me with graphics cards that would be compatable with my comp? (I think I read something about AGP compatability or something like that?) I have no clue. THanks in advance!

paul€ 22:22 01 Aug 08

memory for your machine click here

It will take a 8X AGP graphics card. this will support Direct X 9.

woodchip 22:27 01 Aug 08

Your first thought should be the Operating System what is on it and do you have full discs to put OS back on not oem as upgrading may kill your Validation key

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…