please help me solve XP problems

lionel22 09:42 28 Feb 15

My desktop pc gets 2 arrows facing away from each other with a dot in the centre inside a circle, but not always the circle, it mostly replaces the cursor, as soon as I touch the cursor, my monitor scrolls itself, as soon as I left click, my cursor arrow reappears, sometimes for a few secs, sometimes for a long time, and now the pc freezes, sometimes it takes me 3 or 4 reboots to get onto desktop, what is the problem and what can I do, please help

bremner 09:58 28 Feb 15

Have you tried a different mouse?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:11 28 Feb 15

2 arrows facing away from each other with a dot in the centre inside a circle

your pressing the mouse scroll wheel down or it's stuck down or you need to recheck the mouse pointers in start -settings -control panel

lionel22 10:12 28 Feb 15

no, didn`t try new mouse

lotvic 10:18 28 Feb 15

"2 arrows facing away from each other with a dot in the centre inside a circle" this is a normal feature of your mouse. It means you have activated the click button on the scroll wheel of your mouse. Press/click the scroll wheel again to deactivate it.

"sometimes it takes me 3 or 4 reboots to get onto desktop" this sounds like a completely separate problem and more details about it are needed. When does it 'freeze'? What makes you decide to reboot... etc etc.

lionel22 13:28 28 Feb 15

the arrows come and go without my touching the mouse.It freezes as it feels like it, sometimes when I boot up, it takes about 3 or 4 reboots to get my desktop monitor going, and then all fine for maybe a few secs, and then freeze, yahoo answers says corrupt registry, and suggest downloading certain antiviruses etc, I battle to download some of them, but those I did manage to download, detected problems, and cleaned up, but freezing still persists

lotvic 13:49 28 Feb 15

I agree with bremner, first thing to try is a different mouse, it sounds like the one you're using has gone faulty.

Coincidently mine has been playing up for a few days but I thought pc was freezing but it turned out it was the mouse not working. This morning mouse died altogether and I couldn't move cursor at all. LOL

Have just connected different mouse and problem seems to be solved :O

lotvic 13:52 28 Feb 15

2nd thought, If you are using Wireless mouse, change the batteries, they might be run down/flat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…