Please help me pick between 2 digital cameras

Jada 14:46 25 Feb 03

Hello all

I am wanting to purchase a digital camera. I have used my father in laws 'Casio QV-3000EX' and have had absolutely stunning results from it, however I have also looked through some of the reviews for the Fugi s304. Unfortunately I have not found any picture examples for the Fugi to compare with the ones I have taken with the casio. Has anyone out there used both of these cameras, and if they have could you let me know which you thought gave best results.

Many thanks

John

Stuartli 15:24 25 Feb 03

I presume you mean the Fuji 304..:-)

Both cameras are from highly reputable and long established optical/photographic manufacturers.

If you can find a local store, such as Jessops, both should be in stock.

Try each camera and get an idea of how they feel, how easy they are to operate and which one you feel most comfortable with; then your decision will be much easier.

Tenner 15:49 25 Feb 03

If I may add my two-pennorth ..

I agree with Stuartli, you cannot beat handling them - some are silky smooth, others cumbersome, but it eventually boils down to pixels v. budget

Check, also, the digital photo mags - Digital Photograhy Made Easy ( out today ) have disks attached with examples of shots from some current cameras , but not sure what's on this month's.

Regards

Jada 15:59 25 Feb 03

I went to PC World and they did not have a clue, in fact they did not even have any batteries to fit the camera! (The Fuji s304) I then went to jessops and they did not have the s304 in stock. Would still like to hear from anyone who has used both cameras, and has any thoughts on which they thought gave best results.

Thanks again

John

siouxah1 17:00 25 Feb 03

No personal usage but look here for users comments on Fuji S304.

siouxah1 17:01 25 Feb 03

sorry I will do that agaiclick here

siouxah1 17:09 25 Feb 03

Further to my last.

You and Prima should get together - see here click here

zinnie 17:41 25 Feb 03

jada
just to say that last week I purchased
a Fuji 2800 (the model down from the 304)
it's brilliant...I choose the 2800 instead of
the 304 because it was less expensive, but had
less pixels.but for normal photography 1600 x 1200
is more than adequate.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:42 25 Feb 03

click here has the S304 and are an excellent supplier.

G

AubreyS 17:58 25 Feb 03

I have a Fuji, not the one that you are thinking of getting. I have the F601 which is great. I got it from ebay at a very good price, worth having a look at.

Jada 18:37 25 Feb 03

Thanks to all who have responded so far. The reviews siouxah1 directed me to were a great help, but still I have no sample pics to compare with the Casio. There must be somewhere on the net to see some sample pics.

Thanks again to all

John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…