Please help me Hard Drive failure

homepc 14:21 17 Feb 06

Hi everyone.....

I total confused with hard drive failure....

The screen message say" Hard Disk Drive 0 Failure"

the windows xp won't boot up and am trying to reformat or something from my windows xp cd won't let me to repair or reformat at all and I look all cables everything there fine sound no problem.. but what can I can do to fit it back on again...

My machine is DELL OptiPlex GX260 series, windows xp, Intel celeron 1.80ghz, 256mb RAM, hard drive called Maxtor diamondmax plus 8 and machine is 3 to 4 years old i think...

Please Help me if anyones know what do?? I will be happy to hear ...
Thanks I look forward to hear from you or anyone...

Cheers..
Homepc

DrScott 14:41 17 Feb 06

I guess it's because your HD has actually failed. Whilst the PC is unlikely to be under warranty, the HD might - can be worth calling the manufacturer of the HD to find out.

In terms of retrieving data, you'll need a new HD for your machine and a reinstallation of windows. Then you could either buy a hard drive caddy, sticking the hold HDD in that, and see if you can copy any data off. Alternatively, set the old HDD jumpers to slave (assuming an IDE drive here) and see if you can transfer any data off that way.

Another alternative is to see if you can load to the command line, i.e. not fully in Windows XP. From there you might be able to access your root drive C:\ and manually copy files onto floppy disc using DOS commands - I've done this before and it took ages, but at least the data was saved!

Others may have rather less invasive suggestions...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:42 17 Feb 06

" Hard Disk Drive 0 Failure"

Your primary master hard drive with the windows operating system on is not working.

click here to download maxtor diagnostic program Maxblast4 copy to floppy or down load the CD iso and burn to CD.

Set the BIOS in the machine as first boot CD and boot with Maxblast CD in the drive it will look for and analyse the Hard drive tell you if any chance of recovery.

If you have a XP CD you can fit a new hard drive and reinstall windows.

Replace a HDD (fitting only)
click here

Hard disk checks before you condemn it
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…