please help me to get rid of this annoying pop-up

BeeWee 16:14 17 Dec 03

whenever i log on to the internet almost the whole screen is filled up by a
"generic error
my son's nickname @yahoo.com
pop3 server unavailable. network problems?"

i have no network problems to my knowledge apart from this annoyance!
almost worse is another problem whereby a cheesy voice comes on pleading with me to sign up for bt yahoo broadband
any help to rid my pc of these 2 very annoying things would be gratefully received!

matt5705 16:30 17 Dec 03

1)can u plz tell me what the box loks like does it popup in internet explorer or in its own box!

2)can u type in run msconfig and click on start up and fined somethin to do with the popup

keenan 16:44 17 Dec 03

If want to stop pop-ups in general click here

If you want to remove adware/spyware from your system which can be the cause of these problems
click here

BeeWee 16:59 17 Dec 03

thanks but i have run adaware and spybot and they have come up with nothing relating to these 2 annoying things. the box pops up whenever i open my browser..it almost fills the screen with its own box

TommyRed 17:12 17 Dec 03

Download and install the Google toolbar as per keenans link. It's stopped all of the pop-ups on my system so far, and it's also useful. If you don't want it showing you can uncheck it in View>Toolbars. HTH TR

BeeWee 17:57 17 Dec 03

thanks again...i have had the google toolbar for a few weeks now. this isn't like a normal pop up..it's like an error report directed at me...and i think it must be something to do with my son and yahoo (he swears blind he knows nothing)the message pops up thus:

generic error

[email protected]
pop3 server unavailable. network problems?

this is exactly as it appears (except it has my son's real nickname)

handy4x 19:01 17 Dec 03

maybe you or your son has instaled another conection go to the contole panel/internet options/conections and see if you have more than one conection and delete the one s you don't use an make shure the proper one is set as defalt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…