PLEASE HELP ME TO FIND IP NO./ADDRESS

The Scorpion 15:36 13 Jun 03

i will be grateful if someone could tell me how I can find IP address using 'RUN' tool in Window XP and Window 98 i e what do I type after opening 'RUN'?
many thanks

beeuuem 15:43 13 Jun 03

To use the IP configuration (WINIPCFG) utility

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type:
winipcfg
Click More Info.
To see the addresses of the DNS servers the computer is configured to use, click the ellipsis (...) button to the right of DNS Servers.
To see address information for your network adapter(s), select an adapter from the list in Ethernet Adapter Information.
Notes

The IP Configuration utility allows users or adminstrators to see the current IP address and other useful information about your network configuration.
You can reset one or more IP addresses. The Release or Renew buttons respectively release or renew one IP address. If you want to release or renew all IP addresses click Release All or Renew All.

Deano68 15:51 13 Jun 03

if i remember correctly it used to be winipcfg in windows 98, in xp i always go to start/control panel/network connections/right click on the connection you want/then status/then support! or if you go to properties when you right click the connection you can put a tick in the box that says "show icon in notification area when connected"

hugh-265156 15:54 13 Jun 03

type cmd into the run box

then type the website address into the cmd box.

to find yours

type cmd into run

then type ipconfig /all

i may be wrong

recap 16:16 13 Jun 03

That is right huggyg71, ipconfig will show you your mac address, subnetmask, default gateway, DNS server, host name etc.

Murray 16:20 13 Jun 03

Even Easier

goto

click here

(www .whatismyip .com for info)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…