//some 3rd party need geo

Please help me with an annoying SPAM problem!!!!

Splitty 19:10 31 May 03

HELP!!!!

I have a Yahoo email address, which I've had for years & never before had a problem with.

Now suddenly I'm getting one type of spam which is driving me mad! They all have different subjects ranging from 'Buy a University Degree' to 'Check out our Russian Brides'.

Obviously I never open them & I always add the addresses to the blocked list but everyday I get more.

The reason is that everytime the name is a differnt ridiculous one, some I've had so far are;

floor helfritz,huyler cheesman,rathfon teo,trappey burth,stattelmen loynes, etc.

As you can imagine it's driving me mad. Everyday theres a pile of new names & as Yahoo only allows a certain amount of emails it keeps taking up all my limit!

Please help before I just give up on email & go back to snail mail forever!!!

Lú-tzé 19:18 31 May 03

Yahoo has some good spam filters built in - check that they are turned on for your a/c. That way they will often go into the bulk mail folder.

Otherwise there is little that can be done about it.

Valvegrid 19:23 31 May 03

If they all come from one server, block that server if you don't normally receive emails from them. You can always add people to the safe list if you need to. To block them put something like [email protected] in the block list, replace the whatever.com with the name of the server you want to block.

Also you could try Mailwasher and play them at their own game and bounce 'em back.

click here#

Belatucadrus 19:53 31 May 03

I know what you mean, my lineone address has recently been hit with the same stuff, latest correspondants :- Harris Vasquez , Christine DeLorosa, Greg Winston and Nathan Ventura. Amazingly enough they all tried to sell me an identical weight loss pill on the same day. But how did they know, I haven't posted any pics on the net ? maybe they'll go away if I start exercising. LOL

Valvegrid 19:57 31 May 03

It's the other parts of the body they try and make you put weight on worry me :-)

Splitty 20:06 31 May 03

I should add that my with my new Russian Bride & Degree in Applied Quantum Physics from the University of Kazakstan my life should be vastly improved!

Valvegrid 20:07 31 May 03

:-D

Gaz 25 20:15 31 May 03

Hopefully something will be done by ISP's and Government.

I heard you can contact some Government department that now deals with Unsolicited mail.

Anyway, try mailwaher, it has worked for me, but I find just block and delete works best, but bounce if you wish but be prepaired for more from some.

However, block the servers as told above, that works great but dont block aol.com, or other ISP or friends may not get through anyway most pro spammers have their own servers, or you could block mail from everyone but in the allow list.

oglemire 22:32 31 May 03

if you use outlook or outlook express you can create a rule that would look for the text string in question and delete the item... oe tools message rules.. o tools rules.. just follow the wizard and it is part of the client so you do not need to download anything that may introduce a new problem.

Junk mail is the nature of the beast.. spam is worse, last week i saw a company that was relaying spam through net now of all things.. they only knew of the problem when their isp disabled their account.

nigwel 22:46 31 May 03

I think the HOTMAIL SPAM FILTER is probably one of the best. It will only let mail into your inbox if the sender is in you address book or you can change it so that spam can go to a junk box to be read and deleated by you or by hotmail after 7 days of it going to the junkmail box.

SafeHaven 00:05 01 Jun 03

Why i need a bigger hammer or screwdriver to fix my pc I will never know..come back Stanly all is forgiven.......Oh and mail washer seems fine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…